Monday, February 23, 2009

The First Diamond

Well just in case you still don't understand what this blog is all about, I am attempting to create some happiness in this world that desperately needs it. One of my favorite quotes from Preach My Gospel is: "As a diamond displayed on black velvet appears more brilliant, so the Restoration stands in striking contrast to the dark background of the Great Apostasy." In the same thread, I am trying to create some diamonds to contrast against this great black velvet world that we live in. The first diamond I want to share is the diamond of family. My family means the world to me. I love my wife Camie, and my little girl Lachlynn more than anything in the world. But I also really am so glad that I live so close to family. My parents and 2 sisters live in Salt Lake and it has been so fun to be able to see them all the time. Camie's family has always been so nice to me ever since I started dating Camie, and I love coming to Sunday dinners and being able to catch up with them. I also had a great time recently with my family going to my sisters wedding. It was so fun to see all my siblings that I don't get to see all the time. My family is definitely a diamond in my life. They bring great happiness to my life.

5 comments:

Camie and JD said...

Today I had the happy diamond of friends. I went to Kayla's house and had breakfast with her and cheyenne. Friends are definantly diamonds.

a.bhatti said...

My diamond is my husband Kashi who loves me even when I don't deserve it. He has definitely been through the refiner's fire with me and is a 'diamond in the rough.'

Camie and JD said...

My diamond is my sweet husband. I love to be aroud him. He makes me happy and he also makes me want to be a better person. He has such a strong love and testimony of this great gospel and it is contagious!

The Gag-nears said...

I love you too bro. I am so glad I was able to grow up with you and have those years of just us in Utah with mom and dad. Good times. I love your little family and love Camie and now littel Lachlynn more than ever! Love this blog - you need to update.

The Gag-nears said...

My diamond is my husband who even as I start thinking about him I get tears in my eyes because of how hard he works so I don't have to and how much he does to make everything that he does the best it can be. Including being a husband, father, counselor, employee, student etc... He is my man and my diamond. And he has given me the 3 cutest diamond of all in my cute kids who are the little diamonds of my life and give me reason to laugh every day and be grateful.