Thursday, February 26, 2009

Diamond #3




Well I would have to say that the diamond of the day is spring. What a beautiful time as the world shakes off the cold, and blooms with beautiful colors. I always have loved spring. Maybe its because it means my birthday is right around the corner, maybe its because I can wears shorts and short sleeve shirts again. Maybe it is the fact that winter semester is almost over. Well whatever the reason is, a warm spring day seems to bring more smiles and seems to just be full with possibilities. Of all these reasons I think my favorite reason for spring is the symbolism of the resurrection. God has given us this great physical reminder that the grave is not the end. On the third day after his crucification Jesus Christ Broke the bonds of death and sin by coming forth out of the seplechure. What an event. Try to imagine it if you can, I know we actually saw it happen and rejoiced with all the angels of heaven when it did, but try to remember watching Christ come from the grave in triumphant victory. "O death where is thy sting, O grave, where is thy victory" (1 Cor. 15:55) I think that is why we have spring, so we will never forget that wonderful morning of the resurrection.

3 comments:

Camie and JD said...

I totally agree! I love the spring, it reminds me of starting over and it does remind me of the great resurrection.

Lynnette said...

Spring is my favorite season. I do wish it were more pronounced in az. I miss the blooming trees and flowers - especially tulips, daffodills, and crocus. You can't beat 80 degrees in feb, though!

Tiffini said...

This is a great blog, Jeff! I love it.