Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Diamond 12


Well more than a year has passed since my last post, but due to popular demand from my brothers and sisters on the Asian continent (see comments from last post) here is another diamond. This diamond comes from listening to conference this past weekend. Several talks were about choices agency and the blessings of obedience. Well as I pondered that theme from conference I found this scripture that really hit me:
Mosiah 5:8 And under this head ye are made afree, and there is bno other head whereby ye can be made free. There is no other cname given whereby salvation cometh; therefore, I would that ye should take upon you the name of Christ, all you that have entered into the covenant with God that ye should be obedient unto the end of your lives. I feel the same spirit as I read this scripture as I did while I listened to several of the speakers this past weekend speak on obedience. I really feel there is an urgency to the message that was given by the prophet during priesthood, and I feel that same urgency now. It is time to really buckle down and deepen our relationship with Jesus Christ. There is no better way to do that then through obedience. That is a diamond that has been passed down from Adam to present day, let us not waste it.

4 comments:

Lauralee said...

What a beautiful blog! And I couldnt agree with you more on this post. We are so very blessed to have a Prophet of God to help guide us in a world where guidance is needed so very much!

Carolyn Howell said...

Obedience. The first law of heaven. Just as important and vital on earth. Thanks for posting this JD.

I also enjoyed watching the temple slide show on your sidebar.

Take care. I love you. Aunt Carolyn xoxo

McRachie said...

The "You stupid cow" line didn't get to be a diamond? Hee hee just kidding, I enjoyed your entry.

The Gag-nears said...

Konichiwa mi brother - As my friends from Hong Kong say - very good job JD on the thoughts here. Just kidding. I love this blog and am glad you finally updated it! It's been too long! Great thoughts that keep me on the right path. Miss you guys!