Friday, March 27, 2009

Diamond #6


Well it has been awhile since my last post, but my excuse is that I have been with my wife as she brought our new baby into the world. Which leads perfectly into my next diamond: little girls.

Our daughter Lachlynn was born last Thursday and I must say that God sure packs allot of love in that little 7lb 7oz baby. She is the greatest thing that has ever happened to Camie and I. We love her with all of our hearts. But I think that the thing that makes her a diamond is not just the fact that she is so cute, but the overall dependence she has on Camie and I. It has made us be allot less selfish and really have to forget some of the things that we once enjoyed. Having a baby means sacrifice, we have to sacrifice allot of things. But it is worth it, everytime she cuddles up to me and she fits inside my hand on my chest I think of how I would give anything for this child. No sacrafice is to great, if it is for her best interest. I think it gives us a little glimps of what God must feel towards his children. It has really given me a new perspective on our relationship with God. If I as a mortal, and can only feel as mortals can, am able to feel this much love for my little girl, I can't even imagine God's love, which is perfect. I know our children are sent down here to remind us of God's love. What a diamond.

6 comments:

Carolee said...

Awww JD, that might have made me get a little teary....she is a cutie

The Stone's said...

Oh J.D. What a neat person you are. I too am a fan of little girls. I'm so excited for you guys and know that Lachlynn is one lucky little girl to have such a good mom and dad! Hope to see you guys soon!

Camie and JD said...

I too share those same feelings! I can't believe God trusts us enough to send one of his special little spirits down to us. She is so sweet! She is so lucky to have an adoring and loving daddy! I love you babe!!!

Esther said...

She is so adorable! Congratulations!

Carolyn and Lane said...

We are so, so, so blessed to be entrusted with God's spirit children for a short time. And if we live worthy we get to have them forever! How cool is that! xoxo

Tiffini said...

She is so cute!!! We can't wait to see her...